Monday, June 27, 2011

Pretentious on a Budget

My fiance and I often discuss starting a blog together that we would call Pretentious on a Budget. We're a bit pretentious, but since living in NYC is expensive, we try to be sensible with our finances. This may be Pretentious on a Budget Week on this blog because I will be posting soon about a free performance of Moliere and Sondheim's Company on screen... cheaper than seeing it live at Carnegie Hall would have been.

In the meantime, I wanted to tide my tens of readers over with some pictures of a PoaB event from last month, the Veuve Clicuot Polo Classic. This event is about as PoaB as it gets. We went for free, of course--the rich people could pay, but not us! We also brought some munchies, such as scones made fresh by my fiance (yes, ladies, he bakes--hands off). Nothing is more pretentious than polo, a sport by rich people and for rich people. Too bad Prince Harry didn't make it this year, as he did last year, which was our first time going to the event. The game was fun, the horses were beautiful, and I can now say I know what a chukka is.

Until I can blog about The School for Husbands and Company, here are some pictures from my PoaB polo outing. I am not a sports photographer, and our seats weren't great, but I got some decent pics of the action:






No comments:

Post a Comment