Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Oh, the Places I'll Go!

First off, started going to the NY Fringe Festival this week--my beloved volunteers, so we go for free. The first show I saw--and the only so far, was As the Boat Approaches, which was well done and entertaining...until it was deeply depressing. But the performers threw themselves into it admirably.

Aside from that, not much is going on but poking at my dissertation and planning my wedding. However, I have been musing on where I want to go now that I have seen Paris. Next year is taken care of. It's our honeymoon, and we're going to the London Olympics and the Edinburgh Fringe. Crazy, right? I've been to England, but not Scotland, and I am excited about both.We may stop off for a quieter few days in the Lake District in between

But now that I have seen Paris, I can think beyond my obsession with finally getting to France and consider other places. I have always had a yen for Western Europe, and right now it takes the form of wanting to see some Alps. And we may go visit my uncle in Alaska in a few years. But I also want to see:

The south of France
Ireland
Wales
The Cinque Terre
Milan and Lake Como
Naples
Bologna and environs (I have a dream of parking myself in the Bologna area for a month just to eat)
More of Tuscany
Lisbon and southern Portugal (I am Portuguese)
Majorca
Belgium
Bavaria
Switzerland
Vienna
Croatia
Prague
Egypt
Turkey
Morocco
Buenos Aires
More of the American and Canadian West--seen very little but Seattle and a bit of SoCal
More of the Caribbean--only been to Puerto Rico
Hawaii
Australia

Is that enough to be going on with, or what?! I have not even thought much about Asia, except maybe India, or Scandinavia. Which is not to say I wouldn't go to these places. Sheesh. I'd better start saving my pennies!























 














No comments:

Post a Comment